Where Basic education lays base of a child, having some professional knowledge is must for every child to increase their earning skills. There are many brilliant students, who because of poor financial status are not able to take admission in various professional courses, At GES we help these children by giving them interest free loans also help them to avail various government facilities for economically weaker sections and minorities.
We are already sponsoring such children but many more applications are pending. Such big expenditures can only be met with your generous donations.
Under this scheme needy gursikh students who want to pursue professional courses such as B.Tech, B.C.A, M.B.A, B.Ed, and B.Arch etc. are provided financial assistance. The amount of assistance provided to Students varies from case to case. A commitment is taken from the students/parents that the student will return the amount of assistance provided to him, so that it can be used for other needy students.
In almost 80% of the cases the parents are returning the amount sponsored in easy installments. The amount so received is taken in the form of donations.
Streams for Which Students Have Been Sponsored for Higher Education Over the Period 2010-2022
|MBA, B. Com
|Diploma in Hotel Management
|B. Sc, BBA
|Nursing, B. Ed
|BHA, MCA, Merchant Navy, HM
|B. Design, CA, M. Tech, Mass. Comm, B. Fashion Designing, BA, NTT, Company Secretary, Managerial & Secretarial Practices, LLB
PROCESS OF SELECTION / ADOPTION
Announcements are made at various Gurdwaras in the city, gurpurab functions and other Samagams (specially in economically weaker section areas), where by it is announced that any student willing to study but facing financial problems in their education, or parents willing to admit their child in good English medium schools but are unable to do so due to poor financial status may give in their application at GES office.
1. Academic documents from 10th on wards are required.
2. Following documents need to be attached with the Application.
- Handwritten application from the parent/child, in detail mentioning the family structure, earning members, family/’s monthly income, students/children in the family, and other financial burden for eg: any loan or a sick member in the family, etc.
- D.O.B certificate of the student.
- Passport size photo of the child.
- Ration Card/Voter ID of parent/guardian
- Address Proof to be given
2. After the receipt of application, a team from GES visits the house to assess the genuineness of the case. Enquiries are made from the neighbors or some local person.
3. If the family is found to be really needy and genuine, the student is sponsored and fees is paid to the institute where he/she is pursuing the course. No Payment by GES is paid in case.
Note: it is mandatory for Parents to contribute some amount of fees so that a sense of responsibility prevails among parents.
4. Each student is given a condition that he needs to pass the annual exam plus he /she will be assessed for Punjabi, and Path at the end of the term and the sponsorship will be continued only if the student fulfills all the three criteria. The course for path is given at the beginning of the sponsorship (it begins with Nitnem banis as per the age and class of the student).
5. Follow up of Half yearly and Final year Results are assessed in our Office.
At a seminar commemorating 300 years of the guruship to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji in 2008 a girl said “ I ponder as to the massive kirtandarbars being held , stalls providing a variety of dishes , spending heavy amounts on nagarkirtan across the country etc .To me this is essential, but is this true homage to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji? On searching for the answer in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji itself the reply was no, anything done for selfish motives is not true homage .